Marine Village Cottages is located on Point Au Roche along the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain. The Village is set on 17 acres and has a half mile of shoreline with two sandy beaches. There are also four docks for fishing, swimming, or tying up your boat. We have a tennis court, mini basketball area, and large playground with swings, slide, etc and lots of area for soccer, football, baseball.
There is a New York State public boat launch (it’s free!) about a quarter mile from the Village and a state park is two miles away with lovely hiking trails, beach, and picnic area. There are lots of grassy areas on the property to provide privacy and elbow room. Marine Village is out in the countryside so there’s no congestion – just peace and quiet.
Marine Village has 26 housekeeping cottages with the following features:
- Living room with television with basic cable stations
- Living room fireplace
- Kitchen with stove and refrigerator
- Dining area
- Three large bedrooms
- Bathroom with shower/bath
- Furnace to keep you warm if the temperatures dip
- Covered porch
There are no phones or internet services in the cottages, but we do have a free local phone and free internet wi-fi access by the office in case you feel the need to contact the outside world. Occupancy is limited to 6-8 persons for a single family. Weekly rentals during the summer season start on a Sunday (check in time is 2 pm – 6 pm). Check out is 10 am on Sunday.
At Marine Village Cottages, we are committed to a great experience for all guests, including people with disabilities. Our cottages were built in 1960, which means that they may not meet some of the current accessibility standards. For full details on available accommodations, please contact Priscilla Reed. Our cottages offer the following accessibility features:
• Ramps are available and can be installed at any cottage to allow accessibility from the lawn to the concrete porch and from the concrete porch to the cottage.
• Each cottage has french doors that can be opened wide for easy access into the cottage.
• Accessible public entrance.
• Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area.
• Accessible route from the cottages’s accessible public entrance to the beach area.
• We offer one cottage with mobility features including doorways that provide 36’’ of clear width and 36” of bathroom door for wheelchair accessibility.
• The televisions have closed captioning .
• Service support animals are welcome.
• Please inform us in advance of any requests and we will make every to provide further assistance.
Our mobile homes do not offer any mobility accessible features or bathrooms.
The Village also has four rental mobile homes.
The mobile homes (#39, 41, 43) are available for rent by the week, month, or season. These mobile homes have two or three bedrooms and an open deck or screened porch. All have a full bath, equipped kitchen, and a living/dining room area. Occupancy is limited to 5-6 persons for a single family. Weekly rentals during the summer season start on a Sunday (check in time is 2 – 6 pm). Check out is 10 am on Sunday.